how to boost immunity
Want to keep healthy all-year round? Try these smart immune boosters to keep in the best possible health.
- Did you know that if your blood sugar remains high, you’re more likely to get infections? Balanced blood sugar is the key to good health.
- Getting an annual flu vaccination can help to build your winter immunity.
- Don’t overdo it! Chronic stress can run your immune system down.
- Drink up! Increase your intake of healthy drinks like water and rooibos. Hot water with a slice of lemon is a delicious variant.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and veg. Try foods high in vitamin C (oranges, naartjies, kiwi fruit and berries), vitamin B (cheese and eggs), beta and mixed carotenes (carrots and sweet potato), vitamin E (sunflower seeds and almonds) and selenium (fish and bran). Don’t forget those leafy greens like spinach, kale and broccoli.
- Get off the couch! Whether you go for a walk or do an indoor class, keep up your exercise regime to boost your immune system.
- Rest more and get more sleep (if you can!)
- Get a vitamin B injection to give you an energy boost.
- Try pre- and probiotics to balance the bacteria in the gut and boost immunity.
- Eat more of these immune-boosting foods: cabbage, garlic, chicken soup, ginger, honey, lemon, mushrooms, oats, salmon, and oysters.